The highly anticipated State of Origin series is just around the corner, and the Queensland Maroons have officially announced their team list and squad for Game 1. The Queensland team boasts an impressive lineup of talented players who will be representing their state with pride. Let’s take a closer look at the confirmed team list and squad for the QLD Maroons Game 1 State of Origin.
- 1 Introducing the QLD Maroons Game 1 State of Origin Confirmed Team List and Squad
- 2 1. Reece Walsh: A Rising Star
- 3 2. Selwyn Cobbo: Making His Debut
- 4 3. Valentine Holmes: A Veteran Presence
- 5 4. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow: A Dynamic Force
- 6 5. Murray Taulagi: A Strong Contender
- 7 6. Cameron Munster: The Playmaker
- 8 7. Daly Cherry-Evans: The Captain
- 9 8. Tom Flegler: Solid in the Forward Pack
- 10 9. Ben Hunt: A Dynamic Hooker
- 11 10. Lindsay Collins: A Solid Prop
- 12 11. Tom Gilbert: A Rising Talent
- 13 12. David Fifita: A Force to Be Reckoned With
- 14 13. Patrick Carrigan: Relentless in Defense
- 15 14. Harry Grant: The Impact Player
- 16 15. Tino Fa’asuamaleaui: A Dominant Forward
- 17 16. Reuben Cotter: An Energetic Hooker
- 18 17. Jai Arrow: A Solid Addition
- 19 Reserves: Tom Dearden, Christian Welch
Introducing the QLD Maroons Game 1 State of Origin Confirmed Team List and Squad
- Reece Walsh
- Selwyn Cobbo
- Valentine Holmes
- Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
- Murray Taulagi
- Cameron Munster
- Daly Cherry-Evans
- Tom Flegler
- Ben Hunt
- Lindsay Collins
- Tom Gilbert
- David Fifita
- Patrick Carrigan
- Harry Grant
- Tino Fa’asuamaleaui
- Reuben Cotter
- Jai Arrow
Reserves: Tom Dearden, Christian Welch
Also Read: NSW Team Squad for Game 1.
1. Reece Walsh: A Rising Star
Reece Walsh, a young and talented player, has been selected as the starting fullback for the QLD Maroons in Game 1. Despite his age, Walsh has shown incredible skill and determination on the field, making him a valuable addition to the team.
2. Selwyn Cobbo: Making His Debut
Selwyn Cobbo, a promising young winger, will be making his debut in the State of Origin series. Cobbo’s impressive speed and agility make him a formidable opponent for the New South Wales Blues.
3. Valentine Holmes: A Veteran Presence
Valentine Holmes, a seasoned player with experience at the highest level, brings a wealth of knowledge and skill to the QLD Maroons team. As an experienced center, Holmes will play a crucial role in providing stability and leadership on the field.
4. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow: A Dynamic Force
Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow, a versatile player known for his speed and agility, will be a key asset for the QLD Maroons. Whether playing as a winger or a fullback, Tabuai-Fidow’s ability to break through the opposition’s defense will be vital in securing victory for Queensland.
5. Murray Taulagi: A Strong Contender
Murray Taulagi’s strength and power on the field make him a formidable presence in the QLD Maroons lineup. As a winger, Taulagi will utilize his physicality to gain ground and score crucial tries for the team.
6. Cameron Munster: The Playmaker
Cameron Munster, an exceptional playmaker, will be responsible for orchestrating the QLD Maroons’ attacking plays. Munster’s skillful ball-handling and tactical decision-making will be pivotal in outsmarting the New South Wales defense.
7. Daly Cherry-Evans: The Captain
Daly Cherry-Evans, a seasoned campaigner, has been appointed as the captain of the QLD Maroons team. As an experienced halfback, Cherry-Evans will lead by example, providing guidance and direction to his teammates both on and off the field.
8. Tom Flegler: Solid in the Forward Pack
Tom Flegler’s strength and resilience make him a valuable asset in the forward pack. Flegler’s powerful runs and solid defensive capabilities will play a crucial role in establishing dominance in the middle of the field.
9. Ben Hunt: A Dynamic Hooker
Ben Hunt’s versatility and skill set make him a formidable hooker for the QLD Maroons. Hunt’s ability to provide quick and accurate passes from the play-the-ball will create opportunities for the team’s attacking plays.
10. Lindsay Collins: A Solid Prop
Lindsay Collins, a strong and dependable prop, brings stability and power to the QLD Maroons forward pack. Collins’ ability to gain meters and create space for his teammates will be crucial in breaking down the New South Wales defense.
11. Tom Gilbert: A Rising Talent
Tom Gilbert’s inclusion in the QLD Maroons squad highlights his potential as a future star. As a second-rower, Gilbert’s strength and work rate will be instrumental in disrupting the opposition’s attacking plays.
12. David Fifita: A Force to Be Reckoned With
David Fifita’s incredible athleticism and strength make him a formidable presence on the field. As a second-rower, Fifita’s ability to break through tackles and offload the ball will create scoring opportunities for the QLD Maroons.
13. Patrick Carrigan: Relentless in Defense
Patrick Carrigan’s tenacity and commitment in defense make him a valuable asset for the QLD Maroons. As a lock, Carrigan’s tackling prowess and work rate will play a crucial role in shutting down the New South Wales Blues’ attacking threats.
14. Harry Grant: The Impact Player
Harry Grant, a talented hooker, brings versatility and energy to the QLD Maroons lineup. Grant’s ability to inject pace and creativity into the team’s attacking plays will be crucial in turning the tide of the game.
15. Tino Fa’asuamaleaui: A Dominant Forward
Tino Fa’asuamaleaui’s imposing presence and powerful runs make him a force to be reckoned with in the forward pack. As a lock, Fa’asuamaleaui’s ability to gain meters and create second-phase play will be instrumental in wearing down the New South Wales defense.
16. Reuben Cotter: An Energetic Hooker
Reuben Cotter’s energy and work rate make him a valuable asset off the bench for the QLD Maroons. As a hooker, Cotter’s ability to provide quick service from dummy-half will keep the opposition defense on high alert.
17. Jai Arrow: A Solid Addition
Jai Arrow’s experience and versatility make him a valuable addition to the QLD Maroons squad. As a forward, Arrow’s strong running game and aggressive defense will provide a significant impact on the field.
Reserves: Tom Dearden, Christian Welch
The QLD Maroons have also named Tom Dearden and Christian Welch as reserves for Game 1. Their inclusion in the squad highlights the depth and talent within the Queensland team.